The Medical Research Fund is an independent nonprofit legal entity that operates in conjunction with Hillel Yaffe Medical Center. The Fund strives to promote specific subjects or aims.
The fund is subject to audit by the Ministry of Health and other government organizations.
The objectives of the Medical Research Fund are numerous and diverse:
1. The overriding objective is to assist and advance the development of the various fields of medicine practiced at HYMC. This goes hand in hand with the management and enhancement of public health services, in keeping with the law and instructions of the Ministry of Health.
2. To Initiate, advance, assist, participate and conduct useful medical and laboratory research, field research in all fields of medicine, develop services for research purposes, as well as to develop and introduce new medical services and projects for patients and the general public.
3. To leverage existing hospital infrastructures and resources to enhance the efficiency of the medical services provided by the hospital for those in need. This includes ensuring that the operating rooms, institutes, laboratories and equipment that are not used in the course of the hospital’s regular activities are in proper working order at all times.
4. To provide material assistance to advance the standing of the hospital: construction, building and equipment maintenance, renovation and procurement of the most advanced equipment available and developing human resources.
5. To improve the quantity and quality of medical services, providing services designed to improve patient welfare and ensure they are treated well.
6. To support all efforts to establish, extend, maintain and improve the hospital's services.
7. To shorten the wait time for surgery, diagnoses and various treatments.
8. To implement and integrate the Medical Research Fund's policies and decisions, developing an infrastructure for health services.
9. To promote any additional aim decided upon by the general assembly by a majority of 75%, provided that the medical center's General Director has consented and that it has been confirmed by the Ministry of Health.