The Department provides service to most emergency and elective orthopedic surgical areas. The Department performs the following types of surgery:
Shoulder and Elbow Surgeries
The surgeries are performed by Dr. Gil Laufer (fellowship at Queen's Medical Center in England) and Dr. Ofir Uri (fellowship at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, England) and include regular and reverse shoulder replacement, surgical arthroscopy, ligament restoration, joint stabilization and treatment of shoulder traumas.
Surgeries coordinated by Dr. Eyal Behrbalk include bone fixations, herniated disc removal, spinal stenosis decompression, fixation of degenerative disc spaces and treatment of infections and tumors.
Knee and Hip Surgeries The surgeries are coordinated by Dr. Muhammed Talas (fellowship at University of Tampere, Finland) and include knee arthroscopy, meniscus surgeries, ligament restoration and knee replacement.
The surgeries are performed in the Orthopedics Department by Dr. Maxim Gorvitch (fellowship at Loyola University Chicago, USA) and Dr. Uri Hadash. The surgeries include surgeries to repair congenital and acquired anomalies including bunion anomaly, stiff big toe, claw toe, and surgeries to restore the front of the foot, ankle arthroscopies, fixations in the foot and ankle, treatment of diabetic foot and treatment of foot and ankle trauma.
Hand and shoulder surgeries
Surgery is performed by Dr. Yaron Sela
· Treatment of fractures, injuries of tendons and nerves in the upper body - shoulder, elbow and hand.
· Treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome and syndromes related to pressure on other nerves.
· Release of trigger finger, treatment of impingement syndromes and syndromes with inflammation of the tendons.
· Treatment of injuries to ligaments and sports injuries of the hand, elbow and shoulder.
· Arthroscopies of the shoulder, elbow, palm and thumb.
· Surgical and nonsurgical treatment of osteoarthritis and arthritis of the hand / elbow / shoulder, including immobilization and joint replacement.
· All congenital and acquired problems of the upper body in children.
· Microsurgery of the upper body and more.
The surgeries are coordinated by Dr. Nurit Shadmi (fellowship at University of Alabama, USA) and include restoration and fixation of broken os longum (long bones) and joints as well as complex external fixations.