The Hillel Yaffe Medical Center Pain Service recently revamped its services for hospitalized patients and for patients treated at the various clinics, by expanding the range of services it offers in the field of acute and chronic pain, providing combined consultations – with the Neurology, Anesthesiology and Internal Medicine Departments – for patients hospitalized after surgery, end-of-life patients, etc. in the different departments, and operating a pain clinic and pain monitors in each department. In addition, the clinic works with Hillel Yaffe's Complementary Medicine Clinic, together with the Department of Anesthesiology, etc.
Staff and clinics:
1. Nurse coordinating the service - Ms. Oksana Machlof acts as coordinator for the various parts of the hospital in this field, subject to the requirements from various departments, including personnel training, information updates, etc.
2. Pain Clinic – The clinic has been in existence for a number of years. It is open three times a week (on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays) with a physician specializing in anesthesiology, who works in collaboration with the Neurology Institute.
3. Head and Neck Pain Clinic - run by Dr. Yaron River.
The clinic does not issue permits for the use of medical cannabis.
4. Acute pain - under the management of Dr. Anatoly Stav, anesthesiologist and director of the Recovery Unit. Providing solutions, mainly with drugs, in the field of acute pain for patients in the hospital.
5. Complementary Medicine Clinic – a clinic that has been active for many years in the hospital. Its capabilities will be integrated in two ways in the future, with patients being referred both to and from the clinic so they can benefit from conventional and alternative medicine and a combination of the two, which can now provide significant help for chronic pain sufferers.
6. Pain forum – planned for the future. The forum will provide a platform to discuss patients with problematic pain syndrome, present data published in scientific literature, and share information with various professionals at the institution who have an interest in the treatment of pain.