In addition to the medical students who are studying in Israel, the Hillel Yaffe Medical Center enables clinical fellowships to students studying overseas in institutions with which we have made arrangements.
The arrangement exists with universities in Hungary: Semmelweis, Debrecen, Szeged, and Pecs.
From January 2020, the cost of the studies will be NIS 300 for a week of clinical clerkships.
Payment will be made on the day of intake through the Medical Research Fund, to Ms. Tali Shahar, from 08:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Payment can be made by credit card or in cash (not by check).
Please come for intake to the Human Resources Department with the receipt (in addition to that noted below).
A. Submitting a request:
1. Medical students from Hungary are asked to submit a request to Dr. Amit Hochberg, at AmitH@hy.health.gov.il
2. When writing to us, please note the following details:
First name and surname – in Hebrew and English
Passport number/ Student number
Which department will you be in
Exact dates – start and finish dates, respectively.
Please note, the in-service training lasts for ten working days, begins on a Sunday and ends on a Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., excluding Friday-Saturday and festivals.
3. Please attach a current letter signed by the university certifying that you are studying and noting the year of study of the full study track. Please note that registration will not take place without this form.
4. Please submit the following authorizations with your request:
An authorization that you received the required vaccinations from the Health Office – Authorization, Part C (including an MRSA test for those wishing to join the surgical departments).
Details of criminal registration examination and agreement.
An adult certification from the police, regarding a lack of sex offences (men only)
A current payment authorization from the National Insurance Institute or a certificate of personal accident/ third party insurance from an insurance agent.
5. After sending all the required documents your request will be examined with the head of department and we will send our reply to you by email, together with the date you should come to the hospital to continue arranging your registration.
B. After your arrival for the clinical clerkship/ practical experience at the Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, your administrative intake will take place in the Human Resources Department.
For your intake, please bring the following completed documents:
At the end of the intake process, the student will receive the “certification of student intake” which will also be used for future clerkships.
For questions and clarifications on this topic, please contact Hadar Yehud, Guidance and Organizational Development Coordinator, at email Hadary@hy.health.gov.il or telephone: 04-6304756
C. End of in-service training:
At the end of the in-service training period, the Medical Center will issue an authorization certifying that you have carried out the in-service training period properly and fully.
The authorization will be issued by the person responsible for the medical students from overseas in the Medical Center, Dr. Ashkar Jalal.
The authorization is conditional on the signature of the directors of the departments in which you visited, and returning the name tag and gown to the instruction department.
We wish you much success.